A bright green flash lit up the sky over Transbaikalia. Some thought that military exercises were underway, but this version was denied in the 29th army.
At about ten o'clock in the evening on November 11, residents of the Trans-Baikal Territory noticed a bright green flash in the dark sky. A huge green ball split the sky. At the same time, several bright flashes were visible. Many people thought it was a meteorite.
And the inhabitants of the village of Olovyannaya thought that exercises were taking place at the Tsugol military training ground and did not betray this event much.
- At first we decided that the military was conducting exercises, but there was no typical rumble. Usually you can hear the shooting very well in the village. Maybe it was such a meteorite, - said an eyewitness to the event.
But what's interesting is that the same phenomenon was seen in Chita, and in the Nerchinsk and Borzinsky regions.
Information about the exercise at the Tsugol training ground was refuted on the morning of November 12. A source from the military unit of the Olovyanninsky district, who wished to remain anonymous, commented:
- Personally, I have not seen anything in the sky. But I can say with confidence that this is not the work of the military. There are currently no exercises in our area.
The absence of exercises was also confirmed in the Eastern Military District:
- I can definitely say that this celestial object has nothing to do with military operations on the territory of the Trans-Baikal Territory. Most likely - this is a natural phenomenon, - said Ilya Metelkin, an employee of the press service of the headquarters of the 29th Army.
At the same time, residents of the Nerchinsky district are actively discussing what they saw.
- They say it was a large glowing ball of green color, leaving behind a long glowing tail, - Irina Stepanova shares her impressions.
Residents of Shilka compared the time of flight of an unknown celestial object with a fire in a two-story apartment building. But the regional department of the Ministry of Emergencies reported the following:
- We had no reports of any luminous objects in the sky in our service. Accordingly, the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation for the Trans-Baikal Territory did not work out this topic. Also, I will clarify that no one reported the fall of unknown celestial objects either. The fire of the house in Shilka had nothing to do with this, no other fires were registered at that time.
Meanwhile, Andrei Chepkasov, a resident of Olovyannaya said:
- I was driving to a gas station and suddenly a bright flash flashed right before my eyes. I was even blinded a little. I almost lost control. A plume of bright green light trailed behind a large luminous ball.